The Board of Adjustment is a statutorily provided entity within the City, the purpose of which is hearing requests for variances to the city's zoning code brought forth by residents and property owners. The Commission shall have such powers and duties as are assigned to it under Chapter 89, RSMo., and by City ordinance.
1. Make regular application (with the Development Office) for a permit as required under the Zoning or Building code Regulations.
2. Following review of the plans submitted to the Development Office, the applicant will receive a letter from the City Planner or Code Official stating the nature of the variance required.
3. Obtain an "Application for Appeal"
from the City Clerk or by downloading it below.
4. Submit the completed application** along with the following to the City Clerk:
a. Two sealed copies of the plats and plans which clearly cover the facts relating to this appeal. *
b. A copy of the written decision of the Planning Director, or a description of the variances sought citing
relevant section numbers of the applicable code or ordinance.
c. A $500 check* payable to the City of Town and Country.
d. A brief narrative setting forth the specific grounds for appeal.
*Please be advised that certain direct expenses related to the application shall be the responsibility of the applicant, pursuant to Resolution No. R05-2020, and will be invoiced separately, if applicable.
5. The hearing date is set, and the Notice of Hearing is published in the newspaper and posted on the subject property. Notification of hearing is mailed to the appellant and adjacent property owners within 300 ft. of subject property.
**Applications should be submitted 20 business days before the next scheduled meeting to be considered for the next available agenda. No later than two weeks prior to the meeting date, an additional 8 sealed copies of the plats and plans will need to be submitted, unless otherwise directed by the City Clerk.
For additional information please contact City Clerk Ashley McNamara via email or at (314) 587-2806.